Tuva is the leading data literacy company in K-12 education. Tuva partners with schools, districts, curriculum publishers, and assessment organizations to bring our data literacy instructional program and our interactive, easy-to-use data, graphing, and statistical tools to teachers and students globally.
Tuva is moving the ball forward on the teaching, learning, and assessment of data literacy and building the next generation of data literate, global citizens of the world. To learn more or get started with Tuva, visit tuvalabs.com.
As a Science Education Specialist for Florida, your responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Leading the design, development, and curation of science-related activities, lessons, datasets, and other instructional resources that support Next Generation Sunshine State Standards for Science (NGSSS), taking into account learning strategies and best practices to address diverse abilities and backgrounds.
- Working closely with content, production, and assessment specialists on our team to create high quality, meaningful, inquiry-based tasks, activities, lessons, and projects that are aligned with NGSSS.
- Creating or finding open-source teaching resources and adapt them for use by participating teachers, grades 3 through 12. Materials might include investigations, inquiry-based learning activities, videos, simulations, datasets, or other resources that help science educators successfully engage students with NGSSS.
- Engaging meaningfully with our community of science educators to successfully incorporate Tuva and NGSSS-aligned materials into their instructional practice.
- Initiating and fostering partnerships with academic institutions, research organizations, museums, and other science education and community groups to help educators teach and students learn foundational data literacy concepts and skills using Tuva.
- Have a BS, MS, PhD, or Ed.M in Science Education or a graduate degree in a science field with equivalent experience in education training.
- Have a strong background in Life Science, Physical Science, or Earth Science content.
- Have 3-5 years of classroom experience teaching science at the middle school or high school level in Florida.
- Demonstrate ability to create cross-disciplinary curriculum or instructional activities that integrate concepts and skills from a variety of subject areas and topics.
- Have a strong understanding and knowledge of foundational statistics and data analysis skills and concepts.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with team members, customers, and partners across the Tuva ecosystem.
- Are passionate about online learning and empowering educators to create powerful, memorable learning experiences for their students.