Tuva is the leading data literacy company in K-12 education. Tuva partners with schools, districts, curriculum publishers, and assessment organizations to bring our data literacy instructional program and our interactive, easy-to-use data, graphing, and statistical tools to teachers and students globally.
Tuva is moving the ball forward on the teaching, learning, and assessment of data literacy and building the next generation of data literate, global citizens of the world. To learn more or get started with Tuva, visit tuvalabs.com.
As a Math Education Specialist for Texas, your responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Leading the design, development, and curation of Tuva’s math-related datasets, activities, and lessons aligned to Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills for Mathematics.
- Creating resources such as example guides, video tutorials, and detailed walkthroughs to help math educators effectively integrate and use Tuva in their instruction.
- Engaging with our community of math educators globally to successfully incorporate Tuva into their instructional practice.
- Developing ways to improve on our current online and in-person professional development and train-the-trainer programs.
- Initiating and fostering partnerships with academic institutions, research organizations, and other community groups to help educators around the world teach and students learn foundational data literacy concepts and skills using Tuva.
- Have a BS, MS, PhD, or Ed.M in Math Education, Curriculum Design, Instructional Design, or Equivalent
- Have a strong understanding and knowledge of foundational data analysis and statistics concepts and skills
- Have 3-5 years of successful classroom experience teaching mathematics at the middle school or high school level in Texas
- Have demonstrable ability to create cross-disciplinary curriculum or instructional activities that integrates concepts and skills from a variety of subject areas and topics
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with team members, educators, and our partners across the education ecosystem
- Are passionate about online learning and empowering educators to create powerful, memorable learning experiences for their students